Saturday, June 20, 2009

Last social dance before BA

Alex and I attended the Friends of Tango milonga on Sat 20 June at the beautiful old Queenslander halll at East Brisbane State School. Our last opportunity to dance in a social setting before experiencing the real thing in Buenos Aires.
Apart from Alex, I danced with four other men. I know this is the best way to improve my dancing. It's challenging. Each man has his own distinct style of communicating what he wants and it often takes three or four dances before you actually feel like you are connecting on some level. When I finally come back to dance with Alex, it always feels like I have come home :)
This photo is Alex dancing with Jennifer. I had hoped to ask someone to take some video of Alex and I dancing but I forgot... opps.
Thank you Sandra and Ross for a beautiful night. One more lesson on Monday night, then next stop, Buenos Aires.



No comments:

Post a Comment